PondyPHOTO 2016 – WATER. PondyPHOTO is back this year and is based around the theme ‘Water’. Water, that most essential element required to sustain all life-forms. PondyPHOTO will explore and celebrate the essence of water in all its forms.
In India water is intrinsic to every ritual of daily life. Both in religious and secular traditions.
Increasing human demands, economic development and climate change are visibly altering water bodies. This is affecting the seasons, human and wildlife conditions and forcing change.
PondyPHOTO 2016 will seek to raise awareness and educate citizens about the need for better water management practices. This will be done by bringing together photographers, artists and change makers. They will share stories about water, both of the past and present, from our region and around the world. By showing the beauty and value of water in all its forms, through photography, interactive exhibits, performances, film and multimedia installations.
Participating in PondyPHOTO 2016 are;
– over 50 international award winning photographers (recognized by Magnum, World Press Unesco, WWF and National Geographic).
– 20 international award winning feature and documentary directors and filmmakers.
– 30 art agencies, artists, galleries and professionals from the art world.
– 20 national and international organizations and agencies involved in water issues.
– 100 educational institutions for young adults and children and environmental & social scientists, researchers, professionals and activists…
Text : pondyphoto 2016
Images : Nicolas Chorier